Who we are
This notice describes the personal data we collect, how it’s used and shared, and your choices regarding this data.
The following terms will have the meanings indicated below.
“Our website” is https://wewashem.com.au.
“End User”, “Customer” means any individual who interacts with the WeWashem.com.au Services, including users of our mobile applications such as the WeWashem.com.au Web App, and individuals who book appointments, purchase services and otherwise interact with our Subscribers through the WeWashem.com.au Services.
“Personal Information” means data that relates to or about an identified or identifiable natural person or, where applicable, household as defined under relevant law. This may include information such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address, or unique online identifiers.
“Hosts”, is any business or entity that subscribes to (or otherwise accesses or uses) our Software Service, including any staff, employees, consultants, advisors, or independent contractors accessing the WeWashem.com.au Services on the Subscriber’s behalf.
This notice describes how WeWashem.com.au and its affiliates collect and use personal data. This notice applies to all users of our apps, websites, features, or other services anywhere in the world, unless covered by a separate privacy notice agreed by WeWashem.com.au.
This notice also governs WeWashem.com.au’s other collections of personal data in connection with WeWashem.com.au’s services. For example, we may collect the contact information of individuals who use accounts owned by WeWashem.com.au for Business customers or of owners or employees of WeWashem.com.au partners, or we may collect other personal data in connection with our mapping technology and features.
All those subject to this notice are referred to as “users” in this notice.
Our data practices are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we engage in the practices described in this notice in a particular country or region only if permitted under the laws of those places.
WeWashem.com.au is the data controllers for the personal data collected in connection with use of WeWashem.com.au’s services in Australia. We process personal data inside and outside of Austrlaia. The personal data of users outside Australia is transferred on the basis of mechanisms approved under applicable laws.
Data collections and uses
A. The data we collect
- Data provided by users to WeWashem.com.au, such as during account creation
- Data created during use of our services, such as location, app usage, and device data
- Data from other sources, such as WeWashem.com.au partners and third parties that use WeWashem.com.au APIs
The following data is collected by or on behalf of WeWashem.com.au:
- Data provided by users. This includes:
- User profile: We collect data when users create or update their WeWashem.com.au accounts. This may include their name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, profile picture, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), government identification documents, including driver’s license numbers and images, birthdate, signature, and photo. We may use the photos submitted by hosts and/or hosting partners to verify their identities, such as through facial recognition technologies. For more information, please see the section titled “How we use personal data.”
- Background check and identity verification: We collect background check and identity verification information for all hosts. This may include information such as criminal record (where permitted by law), and right to work. This information may be collected by an authorized vendor on WeWashem.com.au’s behalf.
- Demographic data: We may collect demographic data about users, including through user surveys. In some countries, we may also receive demographic data about users from third parties.
- User content: We collect the information users submit when they contact WeWashem.com.au customer support, provide ratings or compliments for other users or host partners, or otherwise contact WeWashem.com.au. This may include feedback, photographs or other recordings collected by users.
- Data created during use of our services. This includes:
- Location data: We collect precise or approximate location data from a user’s mobile device if enabled by the user to do so. For hosts, WeWashem.com.au collects this data when the WeWashem.com.au app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on-screen) of their mobile device. WeWashem.com.au may also collect this data when the WeWashem.com.au app is running in the background of the user’s mobile device. Hosts may use the WeWashem.com.au apps without enabling WeWashem.com.au to collect location data from their mobile devices. However, this may affect some functionality available in the WeWashem.com.au apps. For example, a user who has not enabled location data collection will have to manually enter their address. In addition, the location data collected from a hosts during a hosting session will be linked to the host’s account, even if they have not enabled location data to be collected from their device, including for purposes of receipt generation, customer support, fraud detection, insurance, and litigation.
- Transaction information: We collect transaction information related to the use of our services, including the type of services requested or provided, order details, host information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Usage data: We collect data about how users interact with our services. This includes data such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or services used before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this data through cookies, pixels, tags, and similar tracking technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
- Device data: We may collect data about the devices used to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion data, and mobile network data.
- Communications data: We enable users to communicate with each other and WeWashem.com.au through WeWashem.com.au’s mobile apps and websites. For example, we enable hosts, to call, text, or send other files to each other (generally without disclosing their telephone numbers to each other). To provide this service, WeWashem.com.au receives some data regarding the calls, texts, or other communications, including the date and time of the communications and the content of the communications. WeWashem.com.au may also use this data for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services, and for analytics.
- Data from other sources. This includes:
- User feedback, such as ratings, feedback, or compliments.
- Users participating in our referral programs. For example, when a user refers another person, we receive the referred person’s personal data from that user.
- WeWashem.com.au account owners who request services for or on behalf of other users, or who enable such users to request or receive services through their accounts. This includes owners of WeWashem.com.au for Business accounts.
- Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
- WeWashem.com.au business partners through which users create or access their WeWashem.com.au account, such as payment providers, social media services, or apps or websites that use WeWashem.com.au’s APIs or whose APIs WeWashem.com.au uses.
- WeWashem.com.au business partners in connection with the WeWashem.com.au payment gateways to the extent disclosed in the terms and conditions for the card.
- Vendors who help us verify users’ identity, background information, and eligibility to work, for regulatory, safety, and security purposes.
- Insurance, or financial services providers for hosts.
- Partner transportation companies (for host partners who use our services through an account associated with such a company).
- Publicly available sources.
- Marketing service providers.
WeWashem.com.au may combine the data collected from these sources with other data in its possession.
B. How we use personal data
WeWashem.com.au collects and uses data to enable reliable hosting, and other products and services. We also use the data we collect:
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- For customer support
- For research and development
- To enable communications between users
- To send marketing and non-marketing communications to users
- In connection with legal proceedings
WeWashem.com.au does not sell or share user personal data with third parties for their direct marketing, except with users’ consent.
WeWashem.com.au uses the data it collects for purposes including:
- Providing services and features. WeWashem.com.au uses the data we collect to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve our products and services.
This includes using the data to:
- Create and update users’ accounts.
- Verify hosts’ identity, background history, and eligibility to work.
- Offer, process, or facilitate payments for our services.
- Offer, obtain, provide, or facilitate insurance, vehicle, invoicing, or financing solutions in connection with our services.
- Track the progress of bookings.
- Enable features that allow users to share information with other people, such as when customer submit a compliment about a host, when recipients provide feedback for a host, refer a friend to WeWashem.com.au, or share location with their contacts.
- Enable features to personalize users’ WeWashem.com.au accounts, such as creating bookmarks for favorite host, and to enable quick access to previous hosts. We may, for example, present a user with personalized host based on their prior orders. Please see the section of this notice titled “Choice and transparency” to learn how to object to this use of personal data.
- Enable Accessibility features that make it easier for users with disabilities to use our services, such as those that enable deaf or hard-of-hearing host to alert their customers of their disabilities, allow only text messages from customers.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
- Safety and security. We use personal data to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services and users. This includes:
- Screening hosts before enabling their use of our services and at subsequent intervals, including through reviews of background checks, where permitted by law, to help prevent use of our services by unsafe hosts and/or customers.
- In certain regions, using information derived from host’s license photos, and other photos submitted to WeWashem.com.au, for safety and security purposes. This also includes comparing photographs that we have on file against photographs (i) of other users to prevent identity-borrowing, and (ii) from public databases to verify user identity.
- Using device, location, profile, usage, and other data to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities.
- Using user ratings and feedback to encourage compliance with our Terms and Conditions and as grounds for deactivating hosts with low ratings or who otherwise violated such guidelines.
- Customer support. WeWashem.com.au uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls with notice to and the consent of the user) to provide customer support, including to:
- Direct questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address user concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses and processes
- Research and development. We may use the data we collect for testing, research, analysis, product development, and machine learning to improve the user experience. This helps us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, improve our ability to prevent the use of our services for illegal or improper purposes, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
- Enabling communications between users. For example, a customer may message or call a host to confirm a hosting location, a customer may contact a host to retrieve a lost item, or a restaurant or delivery partner may call a delivery recipient with information about their order.
- Marketing. WeWashem.com.au may use the data we collect to market our services to our users. This includes sending users communications about WeWashem.com.au services, features, promotions, sweepstakes, studies, surveys, news, updates, and events.
We may also send communications to our users about products and services offered by WeWashem.com.au partners. For example, if a user has placed a WeWashem.com.au order, we may provide recommendations, promotions, or ads about similar hosts offered by other WeWashem.com.au partners. Although we may send users communications about WeWashem.com.au partners’ products and services, we do not sell users’ personal data to, or share it with, such partners or others for purposes of their own direct marketing or advertising, except with users’ consent.
We may use the data we collect to personalize the marketing communications (including advertisements) that we send, including based on user location, past use of WeWashem.com.au’s services, and user preferences and settings.
We may also send users communications regarding elections, ballots, referenda, and other political and notice processes that relate to our services. For example, WeWashemh.com.au has notified some users by email of ballot measures or pending legislation relating to the availability of WeWashemh.com.au’s services in those users’ areas.
- Non-marketing communications. WeWashem.com.au may use the data we collect to generate and provide users with receipts; inform them of changes to our terms, services, or policies; or send other communications that aren’t for the purpose of marketing the services or products of WeWashem.com.au or its partners.
- Legal proceedings and requirements. We may use the personal data we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to use of WeWashem.com.au’s services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
- Automated decision-making
We use personal data to make automated decisions relating to use of our services. This includes:
- Matching available host to users requesting services. Users can be matched based on availability, proximity, and other factors.
- Determining host ratings, and deactivating host with low ratings. For more information about how ratings are determined and used, please see the account page for customer ratings, host ratings. Please also see the section below titled “Ratings look-up” for further information.
- Deactivating users who are identified as having engaged in fraud or activities that may otherwise harm WeWashem.com.au, its users, and others. In some cases, such as when a user is determined to be abusing WeWashem.com.au’s referral program, such behavior may result in automatic deactivation.
- Using host’s location information, and communications between customers and hosts, to identify cancellation fees earned or induced through fraud.
C. Cookies and third-party technologies
- Authenticating users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services
D. Data sharing and disclosure
All of WeWashem.com.au’s products, services, and features will not be shared unless it is for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
WeWashem.com.au may share the data we collect:
For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute – WeWashem.com.au may share users’ personal data if we believe it’s required by applicable law, regulation, operating license or agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns. This includes sharing personal data with law enforcement officials, public health officials, other government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies; to protect WeWashem.com.au‘s rights or property or the rights, safety, or property of others; or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to the use of our services. If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share your personal data, including trip or order information, with the owner of that credit card.
This also includes sharing personal data with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
With consent, WeWashem.com.au may share a user’s personal data other than as described in this notice if we notify the user and they consent to the sharing.
E. Data retention and deletion
WeWashem.com.au retains user profile, transaction, and other information for as long as a user maintains their WeWashem.com.au account. For host partners, WeWashem.com.au also retains host’s background check information (to the extent permitted by law) for as long as they maintain their WeWashem.com.au account.
Customers may request deletion of their account at any time through the contact us form. Following such requests, WeWashem.com.au deletes the data that it is not required to retain for purposes of regulatory, tax, insurance, litigation, or other legal requirements. For example, WeWashem.com.au retains location, device, and usage data for these purposes for a minimum of 7 years; while it retains such data, it may also use it for purposes of safety, security, fraud prevention and detection, and research and development. In certain circumstances, WeWashemh.com.au may be unable to delete a user’s account, such as if there’s an outstanding credit on the account or an unresolved claim or dispute. Upon resolution of the issue preventing deletion, WeWashem.com.au will delete the account as described above.
WeWashem.com.au may also retain certain information if necessary for purposes of safety, security, and fraud prevention. For example, if WeWashem.com.au deactivates a user’s account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, WeWashem.com.au may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new WeWashem.com.au account in the future.
F. Grounds for processing
We collect and use personal data only where we have one or more lawful grounds for doing so. Such grounds may vary depending on where our users are located, but generally include processing personal data:
In order to provide our services, we must collect and use certain personal data. This includes:
- User profile data, which we use to establish and maintain user accounts; verify user identity; communicate with users about their trips, orders, and accounts; and enable users to make payments or receive earnings
- Background host information, which is used to verify an applicant’s eligibility to be a host partner
- Host partner location data
- Usage data, which is necessary to maintain, optimize, and enhance WeWashem.com.au’s services, including to determine incentives, connect customers and hosts, and calculate costs of host earnings
- Transaction information
- Information relating to customer support
- For purposes of the legitimate interests of WeWashem.com.au or other parties
This includes using personal data to maintain and enhance our users’ safety and security. For example, we use personal data to prevent use of our services by users who have engaged in inappropriate or dangerous behavior, such as by retaining data of banned users to prevent their use of WeWashem.com.au’s apps. We also use usage data to prevent matching of customers and hosts for whom there is higher risk of conflict (for instance, because they have been the subject of prior complaints from other users).
This also includes purposes such as combating fraud; improving our services, direct marketing, research, and development; and enforcing WeWashem.com.au’s Terms of Service.
In addition, it includes using personal data to the extent necessary for the interests of other people or the general public, such as in connection with legal or insurance claims, and to protect the rights and safety of others.
WeWashem.com.au may also share data with law enforcement regarding criminal acts or threats to public safety, or requests by third parties pursuant to legal processes.
WeWashem.com.au may collect and use personal data based on the user’s consent. For example, we may collect personal data through voluntary surveys. Responses to such surveys are collected on the basis of consent and will be deleted once no longer necessary for the purposes collected.
A user who has provided consent to a collection or use of their personal data can revoke it at any time. However, the user will not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of that personal data.